Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T14 SG lost it's data!

Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 PM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T14 SG lost it's data!

Howdy,
I have a new T14SG radio. I set up the rates, mixes, etc for my airplane and made 4 flights yesterday with no problems. The only thing that I did afterward was to charge the TX with the included charger.

Today, I managed one flight on the airplane. The airplane was way out of trim, and half way through the flight the elevator became real mushy. Upon landing I discovered that my dual elevators had reverted back to single operation. Then the flight controls began to operate in reverse (they were reversed for my aircraft). The transmitter had reverted back to factory defaults and not all at once.

Needless to say, this could have easily cost me an expensive aircraft. I read up on the procedure to reset the data, and it is a deliberate process, I cannot conceive of how this could occur by "accident" while flying.

Needless to say We are not amused. I now have an expensive paper weight that I cannot trust with flying my aircraft in a reliable manner. I believe that I bought a lemon, and I just hope that no one else out there has suffered a loss from this condition. I am a long time user of Futaba equipment for a reason. Hopefully this is an isolated event. In any event, I want to return this radio for a new one, or my money back.

Just for the record, I have been playing with model airplanes for 39 years, and this is not my first computer radio. "Not my first rodeo". That's my street cred.

Also note that I did not use the RX that came with the radio, rather I used an existing RX (R6008HS). I understand that his is irrelevant to the cause of the problem, but noted for return purposes that it was not technically "installed" in an aircraft.

Best regards,
Robert Fish
Old 06-17-2013, 08:23 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: T14 SG lost it's data!

Data should not change by itself in any transmitter. When something like that happens, there's something seriously wrong inside the unit. The transmitter needs to be seen to by the service center. Please contact us directly and we'll be glad to see how we can help you.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:43 AM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T14 SG lost it's data!

Thank you Bill.

-Robert