Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Bax,should I be concerned about reception/interference?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bax,should I be concerned about reception/interference?

Bax,

I am planning on having this radio tray installed in a high end turbine jet. It is made of plexiglass (plastic) with a mirror coating on it. The install will consist of 2 sbus rx's into a powerbox cockpit srs,with 2 antennas on top,and 2 on bottom. Tx is an 18MZ. Considerable time and effort have been spent on fabricating the tray,and it is spectacular. That said,I don't want to lose a 10k+ jet because of it. The only feedback I've received so far,is conjecture,and speculation. I'm hoping you can give me some more definitive guidance. Thanks in advance.

Erik Rudjord
610-554-7455
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1945065  
Old 12-06-2013, 07:04 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the mirror coating is metal, then you may have a difficulty. You will need to perform a lot of careful range testing to be sure before you ever make the first flight. Getting the antennas outside of the airframe will help a lot.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:31 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Thank you.