Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG to 14SG data transfer

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 08:14 AM
ALWAYSPDG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 12FG to 14SG data transfer

Hi Bax.

I am thinking of purchasing a 14SG Tx and I would like to transfer all my models from the 12FG to the new 14SG Tx. I know they both use SD cards, so is there a way to transfer the model(s) data from the 12FG to the 14SG? Can I just swape SD cards and that is it? Or do I have to use a data tranfer program to make it happen?

Thanks,

Mike
Old 12-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There isn't a way to transfer information from a 12FG to a 14SG. Their file systems are different and not compatible. You will have to manually transfer the information.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:25 AM
LaxLife72
My Feedback: (108)

I bought a 14sg to replace my 2 year old 12fga and I too would like to transfer model programming memory files from my 12 to my 14. The manual and FAQ's lead me to believe that I need to download the FFS and model transfer apps to facilitate this conversion. Bax, your reply here seems to indicate there is no transfer option. Do I understand you correctly when you say "Their file systems are different and not compatible. You will have to manually transfer the information". If that is the case I'm returning my 14fg for a refund and leaving Futaba forever. If I have to reprogram 20 airframes in a new and different tx command structure, well I might as well just make the move to the Jeti 16 and be done with Futaba for good.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:28 PM
LaxLife72

Bax, maybe you could clarify what you mean by "manually transfer". Are you refering to the FFS download? If so, I've struggled with it all day and I still don't know how to use it. I have downloaded the FFS and read the pdf instructions a dozen times. I would greatly appreciate your own step-by-step instructions on how to get the model files I have stored on my 12FGA memory SD card into my 14SG. I have purchased your product and I would like to use it. Help make it easy.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When we say "manually transfer", we mean you have to input the settings by hand. There is no automated process to use a memory card or wire connector to trasnfer data from a 12FG to a 14SG. Their file systems are too different. Basically, you have to look at the settings in one transmitter and then manually put them into the other transmitter. Because the two are different enough, the actual numbers may not be the same, but should be close enough to start with.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 AM
LaxLife72

Thanks Bax. It was VERY difficult to find the answer to this question. I appreciate the fact that Hobbico has invested in you as a resource for users like me who barely know what they don't know. I am happy to get to the bottom of it. Looks like this one is going back to the store. I just don't have time to manually re-input every one of my 20 airframes. I will stick with my old (now discontinued) 12fg while I transition to the Jeti16. Futaba has been fun these past 12 years but they broke my heart when they dropped my $1,200 12FG 18 months after I bought it and then offered no upgrade/transferability for those of us loyal enough to swallow hard and buy another Futaba. I would hate myself every step of the way through re-programming 20 airframes. "Lax, you're such an idiot...idiot...idiot!"