Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba FASSTest R7003SB Receiver and Mini V-Bar w/ Telemetry....problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Hpilotrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FASSTest R7003SB Receiver and Mini V-Bar w/ Telemetry....problem?

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?p=4905043

Does anyone know at Futaba if this problem has been fixed yet? I was going to buy a Futaba R7003SB Receiver to install in
my Trex 500 FBL to use telemetry (ext V) until I read this! I find it hard to believe that Futaba doesn't have a bulletin posted on this! Is it safe to use
the receiver with a Mikado Mini-V the way it is?

Also Tower says the receiver comes with the EXT Voltage Cable......but isn't also a $50 Sensor needed for this to work? What good is the cable if the sensor isn't provided?

Thanks,

Michael
Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Futaba does not test their equipment with non-Futaba units. Their receivers work well with all other Futaba components intended to be used with their receivers. If a non-Futaba equipment maker's product is not compatible with Futaba equipment, it is up to the maker of the non-Futaba equipment to make it work with Futaba equipment.

We cannot comment on whether any piece of Futaba equipment will or will not be compatible with any piece of non-Futaba equipment.

The wire that comes with the receiver plugs into slot #2 in the R7003SB receiver as shown in the receiver's instructions, but you also need to obtain the:

FUTM5551 CA-RVIN-700 EX VLT CBL R7008SB

That connects the battery pack to the cable. The voltage sensor allows you to plug into any S-Bus port. The external voltage cable can only be plugged into one specific location.

Last edited by Bax; 02-24-2014 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added info
Old 02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Hpilotrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill,

Is it correct to say that the Futaba R7008SB receiver has the EXT Voltage Port built in and doesn't need the FA-RVIN-700 external module? If so then this would be the way for me to go.

Thanks,

Michael
Old 02-25-2014, 07:39 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The R7008SB receiver can have an external battery plugged-in directly without your needing to use the sensor. You will still need to connect the battery to the receiver, so you'll need the cable. You won't need the external voltage sensor.