Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ, R6208SB, and 18 channels possible?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Nick Yuhasz
My Feedback: (11)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 14MZ, R6208SB, and 18 channels possible?

I have a 14MZ and purchased a R6208SB receiver to use withan iGyro in my jet. It appears that 18channels are available / recognized via the iGyro and the eight receiver ports(at least on my workbench).

The iGyro is connected to the receiver via the S-Bus. The iGyro needs 1 switch and 2 sliders to correctly setup gains. During its setup, the iGyro detects switch / slider movement and “reads” and assigns the channel associated with the switch/ slider movement.

So in the 14MZ, I set two of the sliders to the 1[SUP]st [/SUP]two of the Virtual Channels under FUNCTION and the iGyro read them as channel 13 and 14 respectively. I also set inthe 14MZ channel DG-1 under function to a switch and the iGyro read it as channel 17!

Can this be? Just surprising that this combination works this way. Any help in confirming that this is possible and why it works would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick

Last edited by Nick Yuhasz; 03-09-2014 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:21 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 14MZ transmitter only sends out 14 channels of information. 12 channels are proportional and two are digital (one end/other end). If your non-Futaba equipment interprests something as a channel number higher than 14, then it's just how it's interpreting the information. You cannot actually have more than 14 channels of control information.