Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Gya 351 gyro atv

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 03:15 AM
skywarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gya 351 gyro atv

Hi,
I am using this GYA 351 on a turbine and there seems to be various views on the following and since there is no reference I can find in the handbook clarification would be good.

Do I set the end points of the ailerons to the desired throw or leave them at 100% ?

Can I use expo ?
Thank you

David
Old 03-17-2014, 06:30 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You start out with the gyro in Normal mode and at 100%. You then set your rates in the transmitter...your dual or triple rates. You adjust the gain in the gyro to set how "hard" the gyro reacts. When the gain is set high, the gyro will react very quickly. Lower gain settings affect how fast the gyro reacts. This is all described in the gyro's instructions.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 AM
skywarrior

Bax
Thanks for that. Its the " Normal mode and at 100%. You then set your rates" which was the important bit to me.
Thanks again
Old 03-19-2014, 01:37 AM
skywarrior

Bax
Just one further question please re tx rates not gyro rates.

I would like to clarify end point and AFR throw rates in the tx

My habit when with or without a gyro is to firstly set my end points to the maximum throw of the surface. Then fiddle with the gyro.
I never touch the throws in AFR unless it involves a dual rate maybe. I am using the endpoint adjustment to vary all throw parameters not the AFR menu !

What is the detremental effect of this on the gyro seeing the range in which it operates please ?

Last edited by skywarrior; 03-19-2014 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Most flyers just leave things at 100%. Increasing the endpoints of a channel shouldn't cause any kinds of problems at all, though. If it's working for you, then it's "correct". The whole goal is to have the model handle the way you want.