Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 9ZAP Wc2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 09:53 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futaba 9ZAP Wc2

I have a strange thing happening everyonce and awhile, I would be testing my r/c system on my airplane, rudders, steering etc; then all of a sudden the transmitter says it transmitting, but no servos at all move, good batteries and all. I then shut everything down and restart, to find that nothing works, allmost like the transmitter is not sending a signal. I have checked everything I know. Even while this condition happpens, I get another rx out and hookup a servo and a battery to it, and nothing worked either. I don't understand why it goes into this conditon, almost like in "fail safe" mode. this has happened to me like 4 times now, but only on test bench aircraft. I am using the FP-TK-FSS module on the TX, I have bounced to PPM, then back to PCM, changed the frequency back and forth, only to find that it seems to come back on it's own. Please, I need to know if the module is causing the trouble or is there something else that can cause this? Anntena? This is a new radio system I got this spring. Thanks inadvance Paul
Old 09-25-2003, 06:42 PM
chris540
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 9ZAP Wc2

My father and I both have 9z wII tx and have experienced the same problem. One has the syn. module the other has a 50MHz module. It has only happened during setup never at the field and cycling the power seemed to take care of it.

Where are you Futaba interested in a responce
Old 09-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Sundownee
My Feedback: (30)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. I called up Futaba support today, great bunch of people there, He new exactly what I was doing wrong, the catch is, it only happens during setup, I thought I of this but never thought it would be the problem. When we fly, we extend our antenna's all the way, but when I usually setup up, I only extend it half way. The gentlemen told me that the bottom mask part must be extend and locked in, or a proper connection to antenna mask will not be made, thus causing transmission signal failures. So far so good, as I am following what he said. I am getting ready to make my first Turbine Jet Flight and don't want any problems. I knew it had to be something simple tho, but will keep a eye on it and if it happens again and the antenna is fully locked in, he told me to give him a call.

Paul Sousa
Old 09-25-2003, 11:43 PM
T-28Man
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news- as I also have had this problem!
Old 09-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When the Futaba 9z's antenna is not fully-extended, the transmitter will give the warning you've received. The bottom-most section must be fully-extended and clicked into place at the very least. The rest of the antenna can be collapsed into the bottom-most section.

Please be aware that we cannot always get to a question right away. Sometimes it takes a day or two. It depends upon the total workload in the shop at the time.