Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Butterfly Offset setting on 12fg

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM
bigvern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Butterfly Offset setting on 12fg

I have a set up as follows Glider, 2ail +2 flap

I am trying to setup the butterfly (crow braking ) to work via the LS slider

When I first went into the butterfly function the offset was set at 15%, I allocated LS via the switch option within butterfly function

I have set the LS slider to to 'on' at 95% ( off for the first 5%)

The offset setting has now gone to 100%, no matter I do I cannot change this figure.

It says ' move switch to position- press rotary control for 1 second ' I do this and it brings up the message about activating the elevator curve

Secondly on the first screen when I adjust the rates for the ail and flap I get no movement on the control surfaces, they are plugged into the correct channels

Is this something to do with the way I have set up the LS slider switch, when I move the slider down past the 95% point the the small 'off' beneath the butterfly statement does change to 'yes'

Thanks in advance
Old 08-30-2014, 04:49 PM
whacker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Aha Moment

I ran into the same problem with a 12 ZA

Offset was at 15% and for some reason found myself pushing the data button and the number changed to 50 %
and the flaps no longer went down neither did the ailerons go up LOL

Turns out pushing the elevator stick to the top left corner and pressing the data button again will reset the offset to 2 % LOL

I don't think even Futaba know some of this stuff or am I loosing it..

Hope this means my 4 servo wing has the butterfly working again when I turn it on

Edit
well I can get that to work with a new model, but the existing one well no go

Hum?

whacker

Last edited by whacker; 08-31-2014 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, the easiest way to set this up is via the Camber Mix. You set any of the VC channels to CAMBER as the function, set the slider as the control to activate it. Then go into the Model Menu and then the Camber Mix. This will allow you to adjust the direction and travel of the ailerons, flaps, and elevators when you move the slider. It's actually a very powerful function and far better than using Butterfly.