Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Stick centering Problem on Futaba 8FG Super

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 AM
gauravag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stick centering Problem on Futaba 8FG Super

Hi,

I suddenly started having this very wierd problem with my Futaba 8FG , upgraded to the latest firmware.

When i switch on, and go to the Servo menu, I get random values on the Elevator stick. When i move the stick it seems to work OK, but the value gets stuck somewhere again. Mechanically i dont find any problem wit hthe stick movement.

It somehow seems to loose the centering ability , while many times it works perfectly fine. Its just random, but is way scary when I think what it can cause if a plane is up there and this acts up .

Any help on what this might be related to ?

I can post a video, if you think that might help.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2014, 05:49 AM
gauravag

OK i have been playing around and observed the following. The gimbal on my radio is connected to the main board via a set of 4 wires with connectors on each end.
The conenctors were tight, but it seems as if there is some resistancei n the contact. I took the wires out, sprayed with some isopropyl alcohol and put them back in after drying and bingo the sticks weorked fine ! there seems to be no centering problem now.

I opened a 8FG Super which i had lying around, and noted that the wires on this were soldered instead of the connectors. So are these connectors a known failure point ?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a running change Futaba made in the 8FG production.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:53 AM
gauravag

Thanks. What can i do to avoid this from happening further ? Can be catastrophic if i get an auto up-elevator again !
Old 04-24-2014, 07:05 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You just need to inspect the connectors from time-to-time and keep them clean.