Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Servo IDs when all connected to the BUS

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Malcolm H

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Servo IDs when all connected to the BUS

Bill,

I have just completed my latest Sbus install. I programmed each servo individually using my 18MZ Tx. After completing the install I wanted to change a couple of servo centres slightly but just found out knowing the channel ID is not enough to address a particular servo when they are all connected to the bus. I didn't note the individual servo IDs before I did the install and to open up all the wing connections to check each servo individually using the 18MZ is a pain.

Is there any way of finding the servo IDs without disconnecting them from the bus?

Thanks,

Malcolm
Old 05-28-2014, 09:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To program an individual servo, you need to know which one it is in the chain. The transmitter doesn't know one servo from another, it needs the individual I.D. so that it can make any changes.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Malcolm H

With respect Bill, you are stating the obvious. I'm well aware the Tx doesn't know one servo from another, hence my question!

My understanding is that Sbus2 is a bi-directional protocol. I was hoping that there was a piece of hardware (and software) that could read the data stream and extract the servo IDs and channel assignments.

Thanks,

Malcolm
Old 05-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You absolutely have to know the ID number of a servo in order to program it. There isn't any software that will let you scroll though a list so that you can select an individual servo to program.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:50 AM
Malcolm H

Thank you Bill,

Malcolm