Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R6008HS Rx Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 11:38 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default R6008HS Rx Problem

I have been using a R6008HS servo in my Revolver 70 with a six volt NiCad battrery for the last three flying seasons. Last season I noticed that when I first turned on the plane with a fully charged battery that Ail2 left servo (channel 6) would start jittering. The Ail still worked and after a few minutes the jittering stoped. This season when I first turned on the plane the Ail2 servo started cycling like it was on a servo cycler. To see if it was a servo problem, I switched the outputs between Ail1 and Ail2. Now Ail1 (on channel 6) would start cycling when the plane was powered up. After about five minutes of run time when the peak voltage had droped some, the cycling stoped and I could again control the servo. No problems showed on channels 1 through 4 and I did not test channels 5, 7, and 8. I took the plane home and swaped in a new R6008HS Rx and after fully charging the battery I powered up the plane and everything worked as it should. It appears I have a problem with the original Rx when used with a fully charged 6 volt NiCad battery in that at least channel 6 is voltage sensitive. I no longer trust the Rx.

Can a problem like this be fixed on a R6008HS or should I not bother sending it in for service? I have about 16 different Fasst Rx's and this the first time I have experienced a problem with any of them.

Bruce
Old 06-19-2014, 06:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The receiver should not be bothered by a 2S lithium battery pack or a 5-cell Nickel pack, it has its own internal voltage regulator for the chips. The full battery voltage only gets passed on to the servos. However, we can certainly go over the receiver to see what's going on. Repairs would not exceed 1/2 of the MSRP of the receiver.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:46 AM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you.

Bruce