Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T8J, R2008SB glitching on startup

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 01:05 PM
sea fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T8J, R2008SB glitching on startup

I have a T8J Tx and an 2008SB receiver combination installed in a plane that I have been flying for well over a year. Recently, I noticed some slight glitching on rudder servo. None of the other channels were affected. Now, after powering up the Tx and receiver, all of the servos slowly "tick" a few degrees around center, as if they are looking for the transmitter signal. After 5-15 seconds, all servos re-center and the sticks work again. None of my other planes are affected with this problem. Voltage on the flight battery was fine. The plane has a mix of Tower and Futaba servos. I tried to re-bind, but no luck. Is there a way to "wipe" the memory of the Rx and start with a fresh bind procedure? Or am I on the wrong track here? Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? I'm open to all suggestions.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:18 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-linking does nothing. There isn't anything in the receiver's memory except for the failsafe position, and that's updated by the transmitter every few minutes or so. How do you power-on? You should turn on the transmitter first, allow it to boot up, and then turn on the receiver. If you turn on the receiver first, some glitching would be normal until the transmitter is fully booted and on online.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:59 PM
sea fury

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the reply. I took the model to the flying field and everything was working normally. I haven't been able to reproduce the fault since.