Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Servo moving without input

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 AM
ClarkFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo moving without input

I have a Futaba 9CAP with the FAASt module. I'm using the Futaba R617FS receiver.

I hadn't run an engine in a while so I thought I'd crank it up and tune it in anticipation of taking it out tomorrow.

I started it at idle and let it run a bit. Without any input from me, the throttle opened to mid-throttle. I started it again and opened the throttle up to adjust the needle. Again, without any input, the throttle decreased to about half way. I repeated this several times.

I hooked up another servo to that channel with the same results. I did not see any movement of the other servos, just that one channel.

I reset the receiver with no results.

Is this just a case of a bad receiver or is there another explanation?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:00 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to check the Idle Down function. That sets the throttle position at idle.

If the throttle only opens up when the engine is running, then you may have a bad servo. If the throttle acts that way regardless of whether the engine is running or not, you'll need to check the functions.

It would not be a receiver difficulty, unless you have the failsafe set to a high setting and the transmitter is turned off.