Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

R7008 channel assignment question

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:20 PM
jzuniga
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default R7008 channel assignment question

Hello Bax,

I have a r7008 im using in one of my jets (18mz tx) and i have a mix mash of sbus and pwm (digital) servos. The sbus servos are in the wings and tail and have been assigned channels accordingly. The issue now is, i want to add a smoke system, a gyro, and a robbe gps unit. The gyro is an sbus capable futaba gy431a so that should be no problem. And the robbe unit is also sbus, again, no problem. The problem is, I have available slots on the rx, 1,2,4,5, but don't know where or how to plug the smoke function into the system? The available channels (slots) have been assigned to the wing servos. Will I need to reassign a wing servo a different channel so i can use an open slot on the receiver for the smoke function? Or is there an easier set up? I cant imagine i can just plug the smoke system into a slot already assign to a servo?

Z
Old 09-08-2014, 06:22 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the first eight channel in your transmitter are being used, whether S-Bus or not, you'll have to allocate some of those functions to free up slots in the receiver. The receiver's servo slots only operate with channels #1-8,
Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM
jzuniga

Bax,
ok...
Not to disrespect, but your stating the obvious. So should I re-assign my rx to use channels 9-18?

z
Old 09-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

That will work.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:56 AM
jzuniga

Cool thx

z