Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14sg - analog servo

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 04:59 AM
Zman39
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14sg - analog servo

Hi Bax,

As mentioned before, I am setting a stick on my 14sg and have programmed crow by using the glider menu. I am just about finished and went to hook up my throttle servo last night. It is an analog servo. It didn't work. I went back and read through manual and found where it says analog servos will not work under the 12 channel fasst mode and 7008sb receiver which is what I had mine set on. So I switched it to the 14 channel single and it still didn't work. Can I not use the analog on 14 either? I tried a couple servos and same results. If it has to be digital I guess I can purchase one or swap out to a non sb receiver. Just wanted to check before I did anything.

Thanks in advance

Z
Old 09-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There's no reason why an analog servo will not work when the R7008SB receiver is on. The transmitter must be set to FASSTest-14-channel mode. The "Single" refers to the fact that you're using a single receiver. Which servo are you trying to use? If it's a non-Futaba servo, then some were proven to be not compatible when Futaba brought out their FASST systems, and that might be the problem. All Futaba servos should work quite nicely.