Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG Flap/Elevator Mix Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 04:46 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 12FG Flap/Elevator Mix Issues

I have a basic mix set up so that when flaps are deployed for landing, I get some down elevator trim to eliminate the tendency to pitch up when flaps are deployed.

The problem is that this mix also cuts down on the amount of up elevator throw such that I can no longer flare properly for landing. I have gone into the mix and used the offset to increase the amount of up elevator available when the mix is active but this takes away most if not all of the down trim that is needed.

How can I set this mix up with more up elevator throw without decreasing the amount of the down trim?
Old 09-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You can use a condition where you have increased the elevator endpoint. A mix will move the elevator's nominal center, so if you don't increase the endpoint, you won't get more travel. You'll do this in the AFR section of the Model Menu. In the landing condition, with flaps deployed, you'll increase the rate of the elevator in the "up" direction.