Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Pattern Biplane setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Surefire
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pattern Biplane setup

I am setting up a pattern biplane with my 12Z and a 6208SB receiver. It has 4 aileron servos, 1 elevator servo, 1 rudder servo and an ESC. In reading the Rx specs I noticed that channels 1 through 6 are high speed. (I usually run the Rx at high speed) Do I need to put the 4 aileron servos on SBus and leave the other three channels as 1, 2 and 3. Basically what is the best way to do this while keeping high speed and minimal channel delays? (Servos are all Futaba HV SBus2 type)

Thanks,
Old 11-14-2014, 07:14 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First off, "high-speed" mode won't really give you anything. It only helps if you're flying stick-banging 3-D aerobatics in a high-performance helicopter. Otherwise, any effects will not likely be noticed at all. This has been confirmed by people who are world-class aerobatic flyers. For airplane flyers, there's no advantage to using it.

For your setup, you can use S-Bus or not. If you put the aileron servos on four adjacent channels, you'll get the speed and precision you'll need. In 2.4 GHz operation, if the four aileron servos are on channels 1-6 or 7-12, they'll be in the same grouping.