Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Need help setting up temp sensors on 18mz

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:08 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Need help setting up temp sensors on 18mz

I have telemetry on other jets, so I have a rough understanding of how to set it up. I have the futaba and robbe temp sensors. I cannot get them registered. I get a green LED on start up, but it's not recognizing them.

1. What sequence of numbers do I use in the ID box? It won't allow all eight.

2. Do I have to register after ID?

3. Is it slot specific? It says 1 is the default, I want to use two.

4. The temperature choice defaults to the robbe, will that work for the futaba sensor as well?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

According to the instructions, when you install new sensors, just plug them into the S-Bus port of the receiver and they will allocate the ports by themselves. You want all of the sensors plugged in, and they should self-install when you power-up the receiver.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:57 AM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Bill,

They do not auto allocate the slot. You have to assign/register them. The manual did walk me through it. It discusses telemetry in three different sections of the manual, the last one had it and I overlooked it. You have to make a Y cable and power the sensor and plug it into the back of the 18mz, then it was pretty easy.

Thanks