Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Telemetry Log Converter not working with 2.5.0 SW on 18MZ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 05:35 AM
ija

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Telemetry Log Converter not working with 2.5.0 SW on 18MZ??

Hi,

I haven't yet done extensive testing but it seems that Telemetry Log Converter is now broken. The only sensor I have activated on MZ18 is ROXXY (also known as ESC on 14SG). Telemetry Log Converter (v1.0) produces null-file with only one-liner content: ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,0,0,0,". I haven't have time to do wider testing yet but has anyone got the Log Converter working with 2.5.0 at all?

Futaba's telemetry capabilities are really lagging behind the competition and I really can't understand how it can be so darn difficult to make it working (I'm on embedded SW business and the sw is still really on "Hello World" level ). It's really one week task to implement much more comprehensive sw (+ 1 extra week for testing...)

Bax, I would appreaciate if you would provide the following feedback to Futaba:
1) Correct asap the above mentioned bug/compatibility problem with 2.5.0 & Telemetry Log Converter
2) Improve Telemetry Log Converter to create directly quick charts or atleast improve excel integration: should not be too difficult nor resource demanding. It's annoyingly slow to check logs now unless you had already done extensive Excel macros.
3) Improve MZ18 SW so that you can quickly browse the data & look charts of data with transmitter display. There is sufficient color display for that purpose and competent coder does the feature during the weekend. I don't want to bring always my laptop to airfield. (competing radios have this feature)

4) If the above is too difficult for Futaba please publish data format of telemetry filetypes and I will do it by myself.

Regards,
Ilkka
Old 12-30-2014, 07:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We can only forward your observations and requests to Futaba for them to consider, which we'll do.