Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Communication

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 12:50 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Communication

Hello BAX, I wondered if you might be able to provide Futaba customers with some insight. I'm wondering why Futaba does not communicate directly to its customers? There are many of us that have needs that are not being addressed, that we know of. And that's the whole point. If Futaba could simply communicate their intentions it would enable us to make an informed decision. Do I keep using my Futaba product or change to a different system?

MANY Futaba owners are contemplating switching to a different brand to gain more utility from telemetry.

I believe most owners would be happy to wait for Futaba to develop products that are desired by 18MZ users if Futaba would simply acknowledge our needs and provide us a commitment to produce these sensors in the near term.

I just don't understand why Futaba does not care to engage in some form of communication. After all, this forum is FREE.

Old 02-17-2015, 07:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

All suggestions that have been made in the various threads here and elsewhere have been forwarded to Futaba for their consideration. However, it must be understood that Futaba NEVER discloses what they are working on, or what is the likelihood of any programming suggestion being implemented. We only get acknowledgement that they received the suggestion and will give it proper consideration.

When you say, "There are many of us that have needs that are not being addressed, that we know of", they need to see actual numbers, good data. Futaba needs to know the actual demand, and really, they want to know the worldwide demand for that feature.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Dave Harmon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bax
All suggestions that have been made in the various threads here and elsewhere have been forwarded to Futaba for their consideration. However, it must be understood that Futaba NEVER discloses what they are working on, or what is the likelihood of any programming suggestion being implemented. We only get acknowledgement that they received the suggestion and will give it proper consideration.

When you say, "There are many of us that have needs that are not being addressed, that we know of", they need to see actual numbers, good data. Futaba needs to know the actual demand, and really, they want to know the worldwide demand for that feature.
Bax......
If Futaba needs to see numbers of 18mz owners requesting telemetry development......all they have to do is take 50% of the 18mz production numbers and then get off their axxes and get busy!!
This situation is the same as the 'polo' shirt caper that was promised by Futaba upon purchase of the 18mz......at least from my and others view......regardless of the 'marketing' department nonsense comments.

Last edited by Dave Harmon; 02-17-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:26 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bax

Bax, thank you for your reply. If only Futaba would learn from you.
Since you are the line into the Futaba black hole, I ask that you let them know how disgusted I am with the content of your response. It's not you or any representative I have issue. The problem is corporate culture thinking they are going to prevent another manufacturer from steeling their ideas if they were to announce development of an airspeed sensor for example. That boat has sailed. Please let them know "The policies currently in place regarding the deliberate lack communication is going to cost them market share. If better support is not fourth coming I plan to sell my 18MZ and support another Mfg that is willing to effectively communicate."

As you say, Futaba is looking for "good data worldwide". My question, how do they expect to collect said data if they do not poll the owners of telemetry capable transmitters? Has there been a poll on potential telemetry options I missed? I've not recieved any email from Futaba asking for input.