Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14sg with dual 7008sb recievers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:25 AM
rc34074
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 14sg with dual 7008sb recievers

Bax- hi again- more questions about the 14sga-

if i get a second 7008sb receiver how do you recommend that i provide power to the second receiver? i could for instance use one battery and a y harness to provide power to both receivers from the same battery for the 8-10 analog servos i would use. these would be 3010, 3004, and 2 coreless 9001 servos. or i could use 2 separate batteries one for each receiver. each has its advantages. i would do this to be able to use telemetry from both receivers to watch the voltage into each receiver. but i would also want to use the telemetry to watch the voltage going to the gas engine ignition, so i would like to connect an extra voltage connector to one of the receivers to sense and report the ignition voltage. of course i would still want to use the DLEG9205 gas engine kill switch, and i would want the extra voltage connector to confirm that the engine ignition does or doesnt have power so i want it to be downstream/closer to the ignition/engine than the dleg9205 kill switch.

so how can i do this? also will the extra voltage connector work ok with the DLEG9205 without interfering either with the radio or the engine ignition? Hobbico sells all of these items including the DLEG9205 so i expect that you have the resources to tell me if this is ok and give me a wring diagram for how and where to connect the extra voltage connector.

Thank you for your help.

Ed
Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually, each receiver has its own power supply that's independent of the other. You cannot receive telemetry from both receivers, only the receiver that's set up for channels 1-8 (or 1-7 when using the S-Bus port). The second receiver will not be communicating telemetry information to the transmitter. You do not want to have the ignition battery pack providing power to any of the radio equipment. That's because the ignition system can feed back into its power lead, which would cause interference with the receiver's operation. You can use an external voltage sensor on any battery pack you want information on.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:46 AM
rc34074

well gee if i use separate batteries for each receiver then i would have 2 batteries for the 2 receivers and a third battery for the ignition. seems like a giant mess to me. plus a real hassle to charge all 3 batteries. which to me would make the whole thing totally unacceptable. to have to spend another $100 in addition to the cost of the second receiver, plus having to buy and charge a third battery shows how bad this system is

So how do i get this 14sga returned and get my money back?

Ed
Old 05-04-2015, 06:24 AM
Bax

For a refund/credit/exchange, you need to talk to the seller. Your setup would be about the same regardless of the maker of the RC systems used. You can use one battery pack with a "Y" to power both receivers and all the servos, but you would still need to keep the ignition system separate.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:40 AM
rc34074

one more question - is there any way i can get telemetry of all 3 locations- the two receivers and the engine ignition - if i use two receivers and a y harness to power them from one battery?

Ed
Old 05-06-2015, 06:06 AM
Bax

If you have two receivers powered from one battery pack, the regular receiver voltage indication will work. All other battery packs must use the S-Bus with a battery sensor for each battery pack use. You program the transmitter to accept each sensor.

If you use a "Y" harness to power two receivers, you'll only get one voltage reading for that battery pack. That's because both receivers will see the same voltage. You cannot use the second receiver for telemetry.