Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14MZ replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:38 PM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ replacement

Pretty sure I bought the first 14MZ in Canada from Ron at Sunset RC lol! The screen finally packed it in. Kept getting harder to get a response and required more pressure to select (usually selecting a different model) until it cracked. Heard the going price is about $200 but some have stated it is still covered by warranty as the original were somewhat defective. How do I get this thing fixed? Thanks!
Old 05-15-2015, 09:00 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No 14MZ would be considered to be under warranty by now. The ones that had touch screens that were problematic would be over a decade old, which is about when they changed the screens. If your screen has gone bad now, then there would be a service charge for its replacement. The US$200.00 price is about right, for the total of parts and labor.
Old 05-15-2015, 10:08 AM
shaunrbell
My Feedback: (4)

Yea, I laughed when some people suggested it may still be under warranty lol! $200 is more than fair, it's been a solid piece of equipment for many years and I love it. Just can't get used to my 14SG backup... Thanks for the prompt response!
Old 06-08-2015, 05:17 PM
RCFlyer132

Radio South replaced my screen for about $200. Works great