Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

9C super help.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Yoda02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 9C super help.

Ive had my 9c for about 10 years now and just recently an icon showed up on the home screen that was never there before. It says T9C. Prior to that I could access 18 models, but since that icon showed up I can only access 12. How do I get rid of that icon or how do I reset the transmitter to like new functions.

Thanks
Mark
Old 05-15-2015, 09:07 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What did it say before?

The 9C's standard memory was 12 models, 18 when you used the Campac for it. Here's from the manual:

"CAMPac Memory module - the optional DP-16K CAMPac increases your model storage capability (to 18 models from 12) and allows you to transfer programs to another 9C super transmitter. Note that data cannot be transferred to/from any other model of transmitter (i.e. 8U, 9Z, etc)."
Old 05-15-2015, 10:03 AM
Yoda02

I know my 9c had 18 models with the campac installed before that T9C icon showed up,, your answer doesnt help me so I need to know if I can reset my transmitter to like new whether I lose all my data or not I dont mind. Can this be done.

Mark
Old 05-15-2015, 10:52 AM
Bax

On the 9C Super, the "T9C" will show up when you do not have a Campac installed, and you will have only 12 models. If you had a Campac installed, and have not removed it, then it's likely that the Campac has had some kind of failure, or there's been some kind of failure inside the transmitter's circuits that work with the Campac. We'd not know for sure, unless you have another Campac to work with. Install it and see if the transmitter detects it. If nothing changes, then there's a problem with the transmitter, and you may not be able to save any models in the first 12 slots if you send it in for repair. A repair and reset of the transmitter erases all stored model data.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:46 AM
Yoda02

Then theres my problem, the campac is installed but the radio is not reading it. Somehow I got to get the radio to read it. Is there a way to format that campac?

Mark
Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 AM
Bax

If the Campac is not formatted, and the transmitters is seeing it, then it will ask you if you want to format it. If it's not seen by the transmitter, then you won't be able to access it or format it. You may have a bad Campac or something wrong in the transmitter. We'd need to see both to determine where the difficulty may be.
Old 05-18-2015, 01:06 PM
Yoda02

Bax,

I found my manual and it told me to update the campac if I got that T9C icon. What it told me to do was hold the 2 buttons down on the left of the transmitter and then turn the power on. I brought me to a screen about what mode to put the transmitter in and to update the campac. Once I selected update and let the radio do its thing I then turned it off and back on again and in that T9C place was the word Pac. Was able to access 18 models again instead of only 12. Seems all go to go now. Thanks for your help.

Mark