Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

7008sb rx

Old 05-26-2015, 11:22 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7008sb rx

Hi Bax, could you comment on 7008 firmware issue being discussed in the following thread and any implications it might have.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...f-style-6.html

Thanks,
Darren
Old 05-27-2015, 06:26 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We have no comment, since we didn't know there was a difficulty. From that discussion, there was apparently something going on when non-Futaba equipment was used.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:17 AM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see. It does sound as though it may be a harmless condition if all one does is use the 7008 RX sbus with Futaba SBD cable and other Futaba sbus devices, which may not care or suffer any adverse affect? I certainly haven't noticed anything unusual in my case which pairs the 7008 sbus with Futaba SBD-1 cables and various non-sbus servos.
Old 05-27-2015, 12:44 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There are no known difficulties when using all-Futaba equipment. Mixing Futaba and non-Futaba equipment may result in problematic operation, and compatibility is certainly not guaranteed by Futaba. As far as we know, one manufacturer of non-Futaba equipment had problems when used with one of the Futaba receivers and so changed their product to conform to the Futaba receiver's output. To our knowledge there have been no changes to the Futaba R7008SB receiver.