Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Great Planes/Futaba

14SG Flight Conditions

Old 05-31-2015, 03:02 PM
whidbey1
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 14SG Flight Conditions

why is there no flight conditions while in aircraft mode? I know I could set up the plane as a glider or helicopter to use flight conditions, seems like it would be good for a software update.

thanks

Bill
Old 06-01-2015, 05:49 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Futaba did not say why they made the decisions they did.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:59 AM
Tachripple

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have 8FG and brand new 14SG. See frequent forum discussions about missing aircraft flight conditions, but am under the impression that any needed condition can be achieved by programming all of the desired parameters to a single switch. A bit more programming work, perhaps, but really no different than what is provided with built-in "flight conditions." Am I missing something in my understanding? Thank you.
Old 06-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The main thing that is missing is the ability for the trim setting for each condition to be stored in the transmitter. I have a 14SG and using the glider mode with my jets and warbirds. I like the ability to adjust the ailerons and elevator trim for each flap setting (condition). I can trim during my initial flights to get the plane setup the way I want it.
Rod
Old 06-29-2015, 06:10 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You can set trims so that they are effective in the different conditions. You just go to the Linkage Menu and then to "T1-T4 Set". Change the trim setting from "COMB" to "SEPAR". Now your trims can be set so that they are active for each condition, and can be different in each condition. This will allow you to change where the trims are set for each condition.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Rod_Hart
My Feedback: (4)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did not think that was available in the airplane mode only gliders and helicopters. I will have to try it in the airplane mode.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It only works when you have conditions, which would be heli and glider modes. Your post mentioned that you wished it did allow the trims to be set differently in the different conditions. So you are able to do that. A trim setting in one condition can be set so that it's applied only in that condition. A different trim setting in a different condition. But only when you have conditions.
Old 06-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Tachripple

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks for the responses. I understood that Rod was saying multiple trim settings were not available with my suggested alternative programming approach and Bax confirmed that they were available only with "conditions." Is there any downside to using glider mode for airplanes in order to enable "conditions?"
Old 06-30-2015, 06:10 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

None.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:56 PM
oldtyme

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Hi all,

I'm having a terrible time finding out how to program flaperons on my new 14SG radio. I'm moving over from a 10CAG and am completely lost. I want to program the ailerons on a Flyzone Calypso for flaperons. I don't want separate flaps so how do I do this. As I understand the new terminology, camber is the same as flap.............right?? Help Please!!!!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:07 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"Camber" is what Futaba calls flap action.

To have flaperons, you must first enable Camber on an unused channel, usually channel 16. Put it on the desired control (switch, knob, slider) by using the Function option in the Linkage Menu.

Activate the Camber Mix in the Model Menu and adjust the action of the ailerons to move to the desired position when you move the Camber Control. You can also add elevator compensation in the Camber Mix so that you don't have a trim change as you apply flaps.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:00 PM
oldtyme

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Bax View Post
"Camber" is what Futaba calls flap action.

To have flaperons, you must first enable Camber on an unused channel, usually channel 16. Put it on the desired control (switch, knob, slider) by using the Function option in the Linkage Menu.

Activate the Camber Mix in the Model Menu and adjust the action of the ailerons to move to the desired position when you move the Camber Control. You can also add elevator compensation in the Camber Mix so that you don't have a trim change as you apply flaps.
So BAX, what wing type would I start with and would I use glider or airplane? I plug aileron into ch1 and other aileron into ch6........right? I am using a 6 channel receiver so the only unused channel would be ch5

Thanks,
Andy
Old 02-25-2016, 07:17 AM
Bax

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You would select any channel on the transmitter that's not being used. If you have a 6-channel receiver, you don't need to select a channel on the receiver. That's because Camber as a "channel" is not being sent to the receiver. Select any channel from 7 on up. Then, the Camber mix will operate channels 1 and 6, so they'll work.

In the wing type, you only need the 2 aileron wing type. Glider or airplane is irrelevant.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:22 PM
oldtyme

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Bax View Post
You would select any channel on the transmitter that's not being used. If you have a 6-channel receiver, you don't need to select a channel on the receiver. That's because Camber as a "channel" is not being sent to the receiver. Select any channel from 7 on up. Then, the Camber mix will operate channels 1 and 6, so they'll work.

In the wing type, you only need the 2 aileron wing type. Glider or airplane is irrelevant.
Thanks BAX!!! Now I'll give it a try!