Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Twin i/c engine setup on 8FG

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 AM
w1nd6urfa
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Twin i/c engine setup on 8FG

Hi Bax and Futaba community,
Trying to setup a twin glow engine on the 8FG, have read a few threads like:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/futa...w-engines.html

I would like to have independent low end trim control (e.g. LD, RD) and simultaneous throttle kill, plus of course the ability to either sync the engines via 2 throttle curves or the low-tech way (end points and sub-trim for 1/2 throttle)

I have tried 2 ways, none have provided the desired results:

1. Setting the 2nd channel as THR in Function I get both to throttle kill but cannot get the 2nd trim, if I change the 2nd one to RD it will change the 1st one too

2. Setting the 2nd channel as FUEL allows the 2nd trim dial but throttle kill will only affect the THR channel

What am I missing?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's easily done, but will take some mixes.

For the second throttle, just select one of the auxiliary ones. Set its control to J3 and its trim to whatever you want to control it. Now it will move with the throttle channel.

Go into the pmixes and set one so that master is hardware and slave is throttle. Select the switch you want to use for the throttle cut. Set the mix to "point" and set the points. Set all the points so that they determine the position of the throttle to cut the engine. Set the on/off switch to the one you want to use to kill the throttle.

Set up a second pmix exactly the same way, with the aux channel as the slave in the mix.

When you flip the switch, both channels will move to the cutoff position.