Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14sg gyro function assignment questoin

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 10:16 AM
brianappj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14sg gyro function assignment questoin

Going into the function menu I see that gyro, and gyro 2 and 3, are able to be assigned to a stick, switch, slider. I went in and assigned the gyro to RS. going into the gyro menu I see that when I move the RS it has no effect on the gyro value. I can also see that my FBL setting is not changing either. Another user said that to change the gyro settings with a stick/switch/slider you can only do it through the fine tune section. OK, if that is the case then why is it in the function menu allowing a stick/switch/slider assignment if assigning it will have no effect and do nothing?
Old 03-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It all depends upon your gyro, itself. Some gyros have you set up a channel for gain control. Then, assigning a gyro channel will work. Other gyros do it differently. Check the instructions that came with your gyro to see how it's to be set up.
Old 03-03-2016, 09:45 AM
brianappj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I still may be missing something. If you go into the gyro page on the 14SG you can see the base gain which it the transmitted signal and the fine tune in ( ). If you assign a slider to gyro(1) it will not change the base gain, the transmitted gain is not changed either. If you go in and setup fine tune it will change the base gain and it will change what is transmitted. I am using a BeastX but I don't think that matters. Looking at the gyro page you can see what it is sending out on the channel it is assigned to.

I think you read my question differently. I am able to correctly assign a gyro to an output channel. That is set up on the function page, but also on the function page you can assign anything to control that function/channel. when assigning a switch/stick/slider to gyro(1) moving that control will not change the base gain displayed on the gyro page and it will not change what is transmitted on that channel.

It is like futaba set it up so you can't change the full range of a gyro in flight but you can fine tune it within a certain range. I see the logic as it gives you more resolution and you should be able to get close on a first guess with what you set up as the main gain. Maybe because the way the programming is setup up they had to allow a control assignment on the function page even tough it will not do anything but they had to have it in the function page in case you needed to change the channel assignment. Is that what is going on?