Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 14SG Setup Help

Old 03-19-2016, 08:27 AM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Futaba 14SG Setup Help

I am trying to set up my TF FW-190 with my 14SG and I am having some issues. I am using a R6014HS receiver and have the transmitter in FASST Multi mode. I thought in this setup I had 12 proportional channels and 2 on/off settings but it seems that slots 11 and 12 on the RX are controlled by the same switch/dial and I cannot change it. Here is the list of servos I am trying to set up. I have the transmitter in the 2 aileron and 2 flap type.

Aileron 1
Aileron 2
Throttle
Rudder
Main landing gear
Tailwheel steering
Tailwheel retract
Choke
Flap 1
Flap 2
Ignition kill
Elevator 1
Elevator 2
Gyro

My goal was to have the ignition kill and choke on a dial, gyro on a slider, the 2 aileron servos will be mixed to same channel, 2 elevator servos will be mixed to the same channel, tailwheel retract will be mixed to the main landing gear swtich, flaps will be mixed to the same channel, tailwheel steering will be mixed to the rudder channel and everything else will be on it's own channel.

Any idea what ports I should connect the servos to for this to be possible or will this not work?

Thanks,
Tony

Last edited by Tony Gag Jr.; 03-19-2016 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2016, 06:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Please go into the Function section of the Linkage Menu and make sure that the channels have individual assignments. It's very likely that you have some channels with the same assignment to Aux 1. If so, then whatever control is tied to Aux 1 will control all channels assigned to Aux 1.

The hierarchy is this: Control, Function, Channel.

You decide what control on the transmitter to use and function you want to use it on. You then decide which channel will be controlled by that function. That makes the setup much easier.