Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14 SG Why don't values on gyro page exactly match servo page

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:47 AM
brianappj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 SG Why don't values on gyro page exactly match servo page

Setting up a new 14 SG radio and I end up with the rudder gyro at %35 AVCS. Later I was looking at the servo page to set 0 pitch and I noticed ch 5 was showing %41. I went back and verified that I had %35 set on the gyro page for rudder and had fine tune disabled, which I did. Then I thought maybe it was different because the gyro page can be set for AVCS or normal but in that case they should be 1/2 or double off not %6. When I set fine tune on in the gyro page it went from + to - %10 but in the servo page it showed +12 - 11.? I know these are small numbers but why don't the values exactly match in the gyro and servo pages? What is going on that could make them even %1 different?
Old 03-31-2016, 06:16 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They most likely were programmed differently by different program writers. With differently-coded subroutines, the math can make some variances. The servo screen basically shows what's going out to the receiver. It's really only good as a reference to make sure your servos are moving in the correct directions. The numbers are what you get when you program the system. Whatever numbers you wind up with when the model is adjusted correctly are the "correct" numbers. You do what you have to do to get the model performing correctly.
Old 04-19-2016, 06:44 PM
brianappj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked into it a bit more and found out that the gyro up to %100 equates to %120 on the servo menu. For some reason the servo page sees %100 from the gyro page as %120. To see if this is what the 7C did I watched the gyro rate on a CGY750. When changing the gyro gain on the 14SG the display on the 750 matched exactly. When setting %15 in the 14SG the 750 also displayed %15 and matched exactly over the entire range. When trying it on the 7C the values also exactly matched From this I can see that when selecting the same gain setting on the 14SG and 7C the same signal is output but for some reason the servo page on the 14SG sees %100 gain as %120.