Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

14SG beeper volume

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 10:26 AM
brianappj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14SG beeper volume

Since the day it came out I have been reading complaints about the beeper volume on the 14Sg transmitter. I always thought it was just a few complainers from guys with bad hearing. Now that I have used it I know that is not the case. With a small electric about 20ft away I could barely hear the timer. If there is a nitro in the air or I use a bigger electric I will not hear it. I thought the 14SG would just use the same beeper hardware they already have in the 7C but it is much quieter than that. I can clearly hear my 7C. I have the vibs on and I should notice that but is there any way the internal beeper can be made louder? All the mods I see involve setting up an external speaker and by now I would think the user community would have though up every possible solution. Is it possible for a firmware update to up the voltage to the beeper part to make it louder? The best solution would be to give the user several choices of volume in the hardware menu, like low, med, high. By now I guess Futaba would have added something like this if they could but is there any possibility of a future firmware update increasing the beeper volume?
Old 04-04-2016, 01:21 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Suggestions about this have been passed to Futaba. We can only wait and see if they will do anything. However, current units may not be affected, since a hardware change would likely be needed.