Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

'Advanced' master/slave buddy box question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 02:46 PM
luckymacy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 'Advanced' master/slave buddy box question

Do the two radios have to support the same model types if it's not a 'standard' or 'normal' model type to begin with?

I'm trying to set up two futaba transmitters of different eras to use for turbine engine training.

The Jet is set up using the 2 aileron flying wing model type on a 14MZ because it was the only type found to make the ailevators move correctly.

you an see how there are no elevator channels set up in the Functions menu. the 8UAP will move the servos fine as elevators but won't move the same servos when 'aileron' commands are given and I can't figure out a way around that issue for now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	14mz eagle model type menu.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2155999   Click image for larger version

Name:	8uap eagle buddy box.JPG
Views:	92
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	2156000   Click image for larger version

Name:	14mz eagle function menu.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	2156001  

Last edited by luckymacy; 04-04-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 06:13 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the 14MZ transmitter is the master transmitter, then the trainer system can be set to "FUNC", which allows the student transmitter to use the master transmitter's settings and mixing. You can do the same with the 8U, if it's the master. However, you must make sure that both transmitters have the same channel assignments so that they will operate properly.