Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Receiver swap 6008HS to 6014HS

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 03:24 PM
JoeMamma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver swap 6008HS to 6014HS

Hope this is a simple question.

I need to add an additional assigned channel to one of my aircraft (need a channel for a gyro on/off switch). This new channel is to my existing 8-channel Futaba R6008HS receiver. I just took a look at this 6008 and discovered all eight channels are currently being used.

I do have a new R6014HS 14-channel receiver. Can I simply unplug the wiring from the 6008 and remove it. Then install the new 6014, plug all of the original connectors back to their original channel numbers, and then link up the new 6014 to my trusty old Futaba 10CAG transmitter ?

Appears it should be a straight forward receiver swap as all of the programming is done with transmitter..........right ?? All of the transmitter trims should remain the same with the new 6014 ?

Or am I over simplifying this ?

I surely didn't want to have to reset all of the complicated set-up and trimming on this particular aircraft.

Joe M.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:32 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You are exactly right. Just connect your servos into the new receiver in the same channel slots and link the new receiver. Trims cannot change because they are set in the transmitter and not the receiver.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:12 PM
JoeMamma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bax,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Joe M.