Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Butterfly and elevator comp; on 12 FG

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 09:41 AM
bigvern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Butterfly and elevator comp; on 12 FG

First of can I thank all the help I have gotten from you all since jumping from a german set to Futaba. I have nearly completed my migration of my models.

So down to my multiplex glider now and crow braking. I have set it all up and have got the crow/butterfly on the LS slider

I have flown the glider but was getting some pitch change with braking even though I have down elevator set on the elevator function within butterfly.

What I have discovered via the servo monitor is that the elevator compensation is only coming in once the LS slider is at 50% of its travel, the ailerons and flaps start to move OK straight away but not the elevator.

Within the elevator compensation I am using EXP1 but am beginning to think a point curve might be better ??? I have had play but cannot get past the elevator only coming at 50% travel on the LS

Any help would be appreciated
Old 07-25-2016, 11:42 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How are you controlling the function? What actual function are you using?

In the Butterfly function, in the Elevator setting section, you can set the curve. I set offset to -50, Rate A to +50 and Rate B to +50. This put the elevators centered when the stick was in the "butterfly closed" position, and then moved elevators as the butterfly stick was moved. The second page of the elevator setting, where you set the rates for ele and ele2, is where you set how far the elevators actually move when you deploy the Butterfly function.

if necessary, once you set the offset, you can adjust the intermediate movement of the elevators by using the point curve. That will allow you to exactly "dial in" the elevator movement for each intermediate position of the Butterfly.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:14 PM
bigvern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am using butterfly function assigned to LS slider. With the LS in the up position (the lever towards the back of the transmitter) is butterfly off and LS slider down is full butterfly. I have got the elevator compensation working but it appears to only start to come in when the slider is at the mid way point. I will try your help above

Many thanks