Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Channel mixing help futaba 3pk and kyosho blizzard

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:25 AM
xracerxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Channel mixing help futaba 3pk and kyosho blizzard

I think it's possible to use my old 3pk with my kyosho blizzard by utilizing the channel mixing but it's very confusing. Basically the blizzard has 2 speed controls so I need to mix the throttle and the wheel together. Is this possible? Can anyone instruct me how to do it

Thank you
Old 08-08-2016, 07:58 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The transmitter has two programmable mixes you can use. Page 40 of the manual tells you how to use the mixes. Before you start trying to program them, though, you need to have a full understanding of what you want to do. Write out your desired setup with diagrams to make things clear to you. Then you can proceed with programming of the transmitter.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:51 AM
xracerxx

I find it very confusing. Here is what I am trying to do: Channel 1 and channel 2 would have the 2 speed controls on them. One speed control powers the motor for the left track, the other the right track. So I would want the throttle to make both go 100% forward or reverse off the trigger, but vary from 0 to 100% based on the input of the wheel to make it turn. I have tried to read the manual and still can't even tell for sure if this idea is possible or not.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2016, 07:53 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't have enough mixers. You need 1 mix to operate both speed controls together, then you'd need 1 mix for steering on the left side and one mix for steering on the right side. You need "more" transmitter, with more mixers, and car-type transmitters usually don't have enough mixers to do the job you want to do. The Futaba 4PX transmitter doe have 5 mixers, so it can do what you want. The 3PK just doesn't have enough "muscle".
Old 08-10-2016, 08:56 AM
xracerxx

Thank you!