Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 12FG to 14SG

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 06:46 AM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Futaba 12FG to 14SG

Have just update to the 14SG from the 12FG. Have noticed several changes, but have a problem with 2 of them and looking for help.

1st, is there a page I am overlooking to change or make a particular function name. IE... Nose steering, Lights, etc... 12 fg allows changing and creating new names.

2nd. On the prog mixes is it possible to adjust the speed of the servo as on the 12fg? When mixing elevator with flap I don't want the elev to adjust fast when the flaps or slowed down. Again on the 12FG it is possible.

Also is it possible to take models from 12FG and program into 14SG.

So far I'm not real excited about my new upgrade.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:33 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Actually, the 14SG would not be an "upgrade" to the 12FG. The 12FG would be a lot more capable and versatile, but no voice on any functions and no telemetry.

You cannot change the names of functions in the 14SG.

The 14SG's mixes don't offer in/out speed adjustment.

The current 18SZ would be a true "upgrade" from a 12FG. The 18SZ programs in exactly the same manner, but with a touch screen, and offers telemetry and use of all of Futaba's transmitting protocols.

The 14SG replaced the 8FG by adding telemetry, along with the FHSS, S-FHSS, and T-FHSS protocols.

There is no software to convert 12FG files to work with the 14SG.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:25 AM
voodoodb
My Feedback: (98)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bax. Looks like I will be upgrading again