Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Probably User Error - but need Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2016, 08:01 PM
tree2tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Probably User Error - but need Help

Hi,

I was setting up a new glider model on my SZ18 and reassigned motor to slider LS (Assigned Camber to RS). I also enabled the MOTOR function, and assigned SD to activate it. After I turned the transmitter off and on again, it powers up in RF OFF mode, displays MOTOR, and sounds the warning beep like the throttle is not at idle. I have moved LS to both limits, and SD to all 3 positions, but I cannot get it out of that RF OFF mode. The only way to get out of RF OFF mode is to INH the Motor function. Am I doing something wrong?

Or is there another way to achieve what I want to do:
SD is UP = CONDITION 1 = motor-on launch with ESC controlled by LS.
SD is MIDDLE = CONDITION 2 = camber controlled by RS, and no motor possible
SD is DOWN = CONDITION 3 = butterfly controlled by J3, and no motor possible

Hope you can help,
Old 01-10-2017, 07:54 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When you look at the Motor section of the Model Menu, you can set a switch to activate or deactivate the motor function. When it's "OFF", the motor goes to the position it's set to. Check to see how it's set in the Motor function. When you turn the motor function "ON", then the slider or other control will operate the motor.

You likely will either reset the motor function, or you may need to see if it's set to "normal" or "reverse" in the servo reverse section of the Linkage Menu.
Old 01-11-2017, 04:12 PM
tree2tree

Hi Bax,
Thanks for the response. It functions just like you describe. I have Switch D deactivating the motor. When it's off, the LS slider is ignored - the motor will not run. When switch D is on, the slider operates the motor - zero rpm to max.
But I still get the error when I power on the TX. I have to disable (INH) the motor function and then re-enable it after I power on. Then it works fine again. Here is a video showing the condition. I forgot to show that changing the position of the Switch D or the position of the slider after power on, does not help. https://youtu.be/Pl-rftPsxLM Did I find a bug?
Old 01-12-2017, 08:01 AM
Bax

No bug. When the motor is turned on, the system warns you that it is that way. That's so that you do not activate the model with the motor "hot" until you're ready to launch. If the system powered up with the motor active and the throttle up, serious injury could occur.
Old 01-12-2017, 09:03 PM
tree2tree

But even with the motor slider at idle, and/or the motor switch in the disable position, it gives the error. Does not seem right.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:08 AM
Bax

Not a bug. That's how Futaba intended it to work.