Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba 7C Switch disable

Old 01-26-2017, 07:15 AM
Milkbottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 7C Switch disable

Hi, sorry if this is covered elsewhere - if it is I didn't find it!.

Using a Futaba 7c 24 MHz with an electric delta-type pusher model, take off from grass is on a wheeled dolly latched to the bottom of the plane by a staple and pin, which is released when airborne over a drop zone by switch B operating a servo on channel 7. The back of the dolly is very close to the prop, and any contact is likely to be destructive.

The system works well, but to improve safety I want to prevent the dolly being released while the motor is running, and the idea is to inhibit the switch (or operation of channel 7) unless the throttle stick is at zero. It seems a simple idea, but I can't seem to configure a P Mix to make it work. Maybe there's another way!

Any ideas? Thanks.

Alan
Old 01-26-2017, 07:30 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

I would use the trainer switch as the release. Since it's spring loaded it can't accidentally be left or turned on.

Apologize to the moderator of the forum in advance if I spoke out of turn.

David
Old 01-26-2017, 07:43 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Milkbottle, since that was your first post let me say: First, welcome to RCU. Secondly posting in the direct support forum comes with some restrictions. The only people that are supposed to reply in there is the person or persons responsible for that forum. This is why I apologized to the mod. While it is perfectly fine to post in there, you will get more responses asking in one of the other forums if your question is not strictly a technical question. Best of luck here at RCU, we are glad to have you.

David
Old 01-29-2017, 05:05 AM
Milkbottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi David,
Thank you for the suggestion, although it is still possible to detach the dolly while under power. I'm trying to figure out a mix to disable the release servo while the throttle is open. Sounds simple, but maybe I'm missing something! If I can't get an answer here I'll do as you suggest and try one of the other forums.

Thanks,
Alan