Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

A wierd one

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A wierd one

I have a 14MZA transmitter. I went flying today, made 2 flights , no problem. Picked the transmitter up for a third flight and the screen was locked in the startup screen, with the spinning hour glass. The switch was OFF. I checked and it was not transmitting. I turned the switch on, and no change. Back off, no change. Did this 3 or 4 times and it stayed on that screen with the spinning hour glass. I removed the battery, waited 30 seconds and re installed the battery. It now cycled beyond the start up screen and went to the home page. IT was now broadcasting. But when it powered up, The Futaba symbol did not flash and it did not play the start up jingle. I shut it off and it turned off, but no Futaba symbol flashing or shut down tones. I cycled 4 or 5 times and the same thing occurred. I was afraid to fly it, and decided to let it be for a few minutes and try again. After a 15 minute wait I turned it on , and now, the lights flashed and it played the jingle. Turn it off, light flashed and it played the tone. It has operated normally ever since. I fly some expensive airplanes with this radio, and am afraid to trust it. But I'm in a pinch because I have an event this coming weekend.. I know, you can't really diagnose from an email. But any idea or opinion? Fluke? or should I send it in?
thanks
steve percifield
Old 05-16-2017, 03:27 AM
Steve Percifield
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Addendum to above. I operated the radio on and off aall night and was unable to duplicate the problem. It is working perfectly..

steve
Old 05-17-2017, 06:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes, you get a software glitch that happens only once or twice. If it happens again, you may have a problem in the chips. No way to tell if it's working well now.