Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Program Mixes

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 01:28 PM
jbwilhelmi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Program Mixes

Looking for helping setting up a fuel pump mix with MZ18.
We are installing fuel pumps on Moki 180s in our 20% Tigercat and need the following program mix and I cannot figure it out from the manual. Help please?
We will have a switch assigned to the fuel pump channel. (May be the ignition switch)
When the switch is off, output should be zero.
When the switch is on and the throttle is at low output should be 50%
When the switch is on and the throttle is at maximum output should be 100%

Any help or other source would be appreciated.

Jack
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You don't need a programmable mixer to do this. You want to use a condition.

First, in the Function section of the Linkage Menu assign the fuel pump channel to use the same control as the throttle channel, but set it to line as the type of operation. Set the endpoints so that the pump is off when the throttle is closed and the pump is wide-open when the throttle is at full. Set the Function to Single. This will keep its operation local to the condition.

Now create a condition in the Model Menu. When the condition is not turned on, you want to set the fuel pump channel's AFR so that the offset, upper endpont, and lower endpoint are all at the extreme where the pump is off. Then, when you move the stick, the pump will stay off. When you toggle the condition to "on", you'll get the desired operation.