Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

set-up futaba 7 CAP

Old 09-26-2008, 09:26 PM
ECSAILOR
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default set-up futaba 7 CAP

I am having a problem setting up my futaba 7CAP computer radio. I have not installed the servos yet, but I am trying to get some response from the servos. I have set-up the radio with a new model. I have even tried swapping receivers. Still, no response Can any one offer a suggestion ?
Old 09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
grimmy55

Default RE: set-up futaba 7 CAP

Have you got the right freq crystal ,also check wether its set to pcm or ppm check the receiver to see what it is then set it to relevant setting then I think your problems will be over
Old 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM
ECSAILOR
My Feedback: (51)

The receiver is on the correct channel (60). The receiver mode is for a PPM receiver. I do not have a PCM receiver. Should this (PCM or PPM) be blinking or does a blinking ppm or pcm mean you may be on the wrong channel. Currently no blinking is occuring and the PPM is showing. I am wondering if all the set-up modules need to be fully completed for the servos to respond. Does a binding have to take place between the radio and the receiver or is this only for the 2.4 systems? Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 04:40 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If your transmitter is on channel 60, and the receiver is on channel 60, and the receiver is a PPM receiver and the transmitter is set on PPM, then there is no reason for them to work. The way to tell is that you have a battery pack and servo connected to the receiver and the servo works. There will be no flashing/blinking lights to tell you that the receiver is getting signals. You do not link a 72 MHz receiver to the transmitter. Only the 2.4 GHz FASST equipment will have a light on the receiver that will tell you when it has contact with the transmitter.

If the transmitter and receiver are on the same channel, and they are both on the same modulation type, then there's no reason they should not work if you have good crystals and good power. Check to make sure the crystals are of the right type and properly-installed. We'd suspect something in the transmitter because you mentioned that a different receiver didn't work, either....unless you used the same receiver crystal in both receivers.

Go into the transmitter's PARA menu and check the modulation. It will have a line that says, "MODUL > PCM" or "MODUL > PPM". It should be PPM for your PPM receiver.

If you cannot locate the difficulty, then the transmitter needs to come into the service center.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:26 PM
Underdog65

Default I have the same problem

I have a T 7CAP AND I HAVE 2 DIFFERNT FP-R127DF RECIEVERS I URCHASED A NEW RX CRYSTAL TRIED IT IN BOTH OF THEM BUT I AM NOT GETTING ANY RESONCE ANY ADVICE.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:03 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I assume that the crystals in both the RX and TX are the same channel? Make sure they are fully seated. Also make certain the the transmitter is set to PPM and not PCM. The 127DF is a normal FM/PPM RX. Also CAPS ARE YELLING! ;-)