Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Resumption of Support Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 12:40 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Resumption of Support Thread

Hi - as some of you have no doubt noticed this forum recently went through a "quiet" period. This was caused by some recent personnel changes at Hobbico. RCU has asked Hobbico, who is the exclusive North American Distributor of Futaba products, if there was a way for them to resume the user support in this forum. To that end, I will stepping into that role and will be doing my best to answer Futaba product support questions here. The rules of the forum remain unchanged. This is not an open discussion forum. It is a place for people to ask a question and to get a direct answer from someone associated with Hobbico. It is also beyond my information to speculate on new products, or have information on pending changes, etc. I can, and will, be a conduit for suggestions and request routed through Hobbico to Futaba.

Who am I? My name is Bill Malvey. I have been in the RC hobby for over 50 years and I am a member of Team Futaba. I will be taking over monitoring this forum and will answer questions that I can and get the straight scoop directly from my contacts at Hobbico when I do not know the answer myself. I've been a Team Futaba member for over 10 years now. I am active in competitive soaring doing mostly F5J electric launch thermal duration flying now. I have a good background in giant scale aerobatics and flew IMAC for several years. I also still have a couple of giant scale planes that I fly as often as I can. I've flown a bit of pattern and still do a bunch of sport flying I have also dabbled in helis, both nitro and electric, and raced both fast electric (80+ mph!!) and gas powered boats. Never done turbines, but I know lots of people on our Team who do.

I currently have a Futaba 18MZ and Futaba 18SZ radio. I've flown the 14MZ, 9Z, 8UAH along with the 4PX and a few other odds and ends.

Just to set expectations. I am not going to be sitting here at my computer answering questions in real time. I am doing this on an unpaid volunteer basis, but plan to do the best I can to answer questions quickly and correctly. I have a full time job as it is and I am doing this to help out both my fellow modelers and to represent Hobbico/Futaba as best I can. I will try to answer most questions within 24 hours, not counting weekends and holidays. I pledge that at a minimum. I'll do what I can to beat that. But bear with me as we transition to this slightly new arrangement. Feel free to contact me directly via PM as well.

And so it begins.........
Old 10-23-2017, 05:29 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome Bill!
Old 10-24-2017, 05:03 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Is Bax gone?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:36 AM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hobby Services told me that Bax has retired.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:59 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Ahh, well he deserves it, if you're reading this Bill, thanks for the awesome support over the years!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:00 AM
mithrandir
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just don't Judge me OK!?!?