Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T7C to control Gyro(3 Axis)

Old 12-09-2017, 12:48 PM
darrzemp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T7C to control Gyro(3 Axis)

Anyone - How can I set up my T7C transmitter to control a 3 axis gyro with Gyro Off, Hold Heading, and Standard modes which would need to use the only 3 position(G) switch available on this transmitter? If impossible just let me know. I could also just use Hold Heading and Standard Mode but that won't allow turning off the gyro in flight and possibly saving an aircraft if something goes wrong. I would figure out how to do that by using the gear switch somehow.

Thanks for any thoughts - Darryl
Old 12-09-2017, 05:00 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

What gyro are you using?
Old 12-10-2017, 06:37 PM
darrzemp

I'm going to try to use a Hitec IIG3XA. It has provisions for 3 modes of operation(Gyro Off, Hold Heading and Standard Gyro). It can however be used as just 2 modes(Hold Heading and Standard Gyro). The 2 mode setting however without Gyro Off could result in a crash or even model destruction. I plan to start off with an old .40 size trainer to see if a gyro would be of any use in doing training for beginners. I just don't want to change to a different brand of radio to do the proving of aq gyro. I've been a futaba user for ever and have 81 years under my belt of my last birthday.

Thanks for any help that can be forwarded.

Sincerely =Darryl
Old 01-03-2018, 01:33 PM
darrzemp

Default T7C to control Gyro.

I have for now abandon the use of this gyro because of some negative reviews. Glad I did a little more research before losing an airplane.

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:33 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry for not having much else to say. I am not familiar with that gyro. I've used 3-axis gyros in helis and they are a snap to set up. I have not messed with an airplane gyro at all. I asked a couple of others who have and they did not have anything that might have helped.