Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18sza vs 18szh

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 07:36 AM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18sza vs 18szh

Good Morning

I have a few questions: The 18SZA has a ratchet feel for the throttle stick and the 18SZH does not, are there any programming capabilities or differences B/T the two radios? Are there any permanent switch assignments B/T the two radio than cannot be changed or are there any three positions switches on the SZH that are not on the SZA? Santa has approved my request to buy an 18.

I ask because I fly both planes and helicopters and I'm trying to determine which would be better to purchase?.

Thanks for taking the time to read the questions and all comments welcome.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-14-2017, 02:10 PM
AshC01

No, there has been several discussions around this, they are exactly the same radios, switches and software is exactly the same.
I just purchased a 18SZ for a friend, it was set up in Heli mode with no ratchet and first model was set as a Helicopter.

Moved dust cover on the back and turn on ratchet and tighten up stick tension and it was then in Airplane mode
Old 12-14-2017, 03:23 PM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks
Old 12-14-2017, 05:05 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Same answer as on FG this morning!! To many forums to keep up with!!

None at all. They are identical.

The throttle detent/ratchet can be adjusted from very stiff ratchet to fully smooth no ratchet using 2 screws accessible from the back of the TX case.

Both versions are physically identical.

As far as software goes, if you get the helo version the very first time you turn it on it will default to a heli program. After that it will default to the last aircraft type last programmed.

Also - a reminder, this is a vendor only forum. I ask that people respect the same rules Bax had in place and refrain from answering questions or engaging in discussions. I get to answers as quick as I can.

THanks

Bill

Last edited by FUTABA-RC; 12-14-2017 at 05:08 PM.