Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18SZ Flap system and Camber mix

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:14 AM
In the Haze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18SZ Flap system and Camber mix

Have camber setup issues with the 18sz in airplane mode, Model type 2 ail, 2 flap, 2 elev.

Flaps set up using the flap system on 3 pos switch SC. Switch away normal no flaps, switch middle take off flap, switch back toward me full flaps.

Now I wanted to set up crow (aileron up with flap) and elevator compensation with flap on the T/O and full flap positions i.e., middle and back. I go into Camber mix and set it up on switch SC. Switch is set forward off, middle on, back on. When I set up various % in the aileron and elevator rate travel for Ail, Ail1, elev and elev 1 channel, in rate1 and rate 2, I don't get anything in the middle (rate 1), but I do get when I go to full flap (rate 2).

If I make the switch forward on, middle off, back on, I get rate 1 forward, middle nil and rate 2 back. But this is not what I want, I want to be able to adjust elevator and aileron together with flaps in the middle and back position.

I am using the travel menu in the camber mix, there is a curve menu there as well but not sure what that does.

It all looks great in the menu but to actually get it to work this way seems impossible.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:50 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Not much time right now, so I'll play with mine a bit when I get the chance.

However, in the camber mix menu in the lower right part of the screen there is a box labeled "Curve"
You select Aileron/Flap/Elevator in that box.

The travel is only setting the travel amount within that condition. Honestly, the best way to do this is with conditions. I will write that up a bit later today. Basically you use 3 conditions, your normal where the flaps are up, then the T/O flaps and then landing. Then using the travel setting will work nicely in all three switch positions. Like I said, I'll spell that out a bit more later on.