Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Dual 2008SB Rx's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 03:38 AM
Colt4570

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Dual 2008SB Rx's

Anyone know if there is an issue linking (2) 2008SB S-FHSS Rx's to 1 Tx, Specifically to a 16SZ? Everything you read shows people linking dual 7008SB's, but they never specifically mention dual S-FHSS Rx's.

I'm using dual 2008's with a serial connection to an XPS X24 flight control unit. There's no dual link procedure for S-FHSS, so I've just linked them on at a time to the same model in the radio. They are both showing connected, but when you check the frame loss rate on the X24, sometimes it is well over 1000 in a 10 minute flight. Just wonder if somehow the 2 Rx's are butting heads so to speak. Tried sending Hobby Services a line, but didn't get any answer on the last ? I sent them. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:23 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

You can link both receivers, no problems. But you will get the same channels out of both. With the 7008SB in the dual link mode you get 8 channels on the first one and then the other 8 on the second one.

As far as the frame loss goes, I always view that as data with little meaning. If you are not getting holds or having any other issues, the frame loss is of little use. Unless you can somehow find an equation that empirically relates frame loss to actual connection robustness.

Last edited by FUTABA-RC; 02-19-2018 at 07:25 PM.