Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

How can I change servo direction with a flip switch

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 04:50 AM
kuobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I change servo direction with a flip switch

I like to fly inverted some times.Is there any way I can change elevator direction just with a flip switch.So I don't have to keep reminding my self when up is down and down is up?
I transmitters are FF9 and T10CH.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:22 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

That is not possible on any Futaba radio. Way back when computer radios first came out some helicopter specific radios had an "invert" switch to allow for easier inverted flight with helicopters, but that went away fairly quickly.

You just have to do what all the rest of us do when flying inverted and keep telling yourself "UP is DOWN"!
Old 03-13-2018, 08:57 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry Bill,
But it can be done very easily with any Futaba radio by using 2 of the programmed mixers.
Mix 1 - elevator into elevator with a -100% mix to cancel the stick action.
Mix 2 - elevator into elevator with a -100% mix to reverse the stick action.
Both mixes to be activated by the same switch and "ON" position.

modtron
Oxford UK
Futaba Assist UK
Old 03-13-2018, 10:21 AM
FUTABA-RC

Fair enough. I was thinking more is changing servo reversing with a switch.

However, I will still encourage the OP to not rely on a switch but rather learn to fly inverted manually. In the long run it is going to be a better way to go.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:35 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Totally agree that learning to fly on the stick rather than rely on reversing the channel would be better in the long run.
The original question did not state if it was with regard to aircraft or heli operation ?

modtron
Oxford UK
Futaba Assist U.K.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:16 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Hope I'm not stepping on the toes of Bill. But PLEASE don't do this. It will cost you the plane sooner or later. Just practice until it comes natural to you. This would be like flipping a switch depending on if the plane was coming at you or away from you so the ailerons would work the same way. When you started flying you had to think about it and now you don't the inverted flight will be the same with a little stick time.

David
Old 03-13-2018, 03:00 PM
FUTABA-RC

Originally Posted by daveopam
Hope I'm not stepping on the toes of Bill. But PLEASE don't do this. It will cost you the plane sooner or later. Just practice until it comes natural to you. This would be like flipping a switch depending on if the plane was coming at you or away from you so the ailerons would work the same way. When you started flying you had to think about it and now you don't the inverted flight will be the same with a little stick time.

David

No worries. This is what I have been trying to get across to him all along.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:31 PM
kuobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys,forgot to mention I fly airplane only,I did try to use elevator to elevator mix function,but it just end up cancelling of stick output,did i miss any part?
I am not being lazy,Just like to try some thing new.

Last edited by kuobin; 03-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 AM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

kuobin It's not about being lazy or about flying a heli or fixed wing plane. It's about causing you to crash. That is what this will do. Maybe not the first or second day, but it will happen.

David
Old 03-14-2018, 01:06 PM
FUTABA-RC

Good remarks, but I want to remind people that this specific forum is not a general discussion forum.
Crashing sucks, and using some sort of switched invert set up is a near guarantee of a crash sooner or later.