Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

18SZ as a master radio - trainer function

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2018, 11:29 AM
FutabaUser1977

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18SZ as a master radio - trainer function

I'm using my 18SZ radio to train a young student who has a 9CAP.
just when my 18SZ is with full battery (newly charged) the student radio works. Few flights after radio 9CAP starts to beeping and does not command anything else. Until the function menu of the 18Sz is no longer obeyed when I activate the training key (it always goes off).
these radios are not compatible? battery voltage problem (6.6V versus 9.6V of the 9Cap?). Any solution?

regards.
Old 03-29-2024, 10:33 AM
CLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a T16SZ as a teacher trans and a 6EX as a student Trans

I have the same problem with my 6EX 2.4 beeping. Looks like a low battery warning. No control function when I switch to the 6EX for student control. I tried removing the 6EX battery, no change. I tried switching on the 6EX student and the beeping stops, but controls are not consistent.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-03-2024, 12:47 PM
hellcat 1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think they are compatible. The difference in voltage just doesn't let them work. The master is supposed to power the slave and 6.6 volts just isn't enough for the 9.6 volt slave. I tried the same thing and couldn't find any way to make them work. The manuals say they are supposed too, but it just won't work. I don't think Futaba can make it work either.
Old 04-03-2024, 09:18 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

wonder if the wireless trainer system futaba sold would work with that slave tx?
Old 04-04-2024, 08:55 AM
hellcat 1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have one it should work. They are no longer available, but you might get one on EBay. You have to have a TX with the rectangular plug for it to work. The older TXs with the round plug would have to have and adapter of some sort to work.