Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Futaba T16/18 SZ Update V 3.5

Old 05-05-2018, 06:52 AM
Dr. Bob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba T16/18 SZ Update V 3.5

Hello:
I noticed that Ripmax has released update V 3.5 for the T16/18SZ.
Update includes:
1. Telemetry Airspeed Sensor Function
2. CRSF Protocol for TBS

Is this Update going to be released in North America? Can we update our radios now with this Version?
What is CRSF Protocol for TBS?
Thanks
Dr. Bob
Old 05-07-2018, 06:00 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

The changes in this update only apply to the use of the as yet unreleased airspeed sensor and the Team Black Sheep Crossfire protocol. Unless you are using the TBS protocol at this time thee is nothing in the update that applies.

I do not know when this will be released in the US, but based on what is in it there is no reason to rush to update.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:40 AM
modtron

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Bill,
The problem with not releasing this update is that Futaba also update many other minor bug fixes at the same time without saying anything.
I know this first hand with Gyro programming fixes that they didn't make public !

modtron
Oxford UK
Old 05-08-2018, 06:01 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks, I understand that. However, in my heavy use of both the 18SZ and 16SZ I have not noted any minor bugs that appear to be critical. But the heart of this update is to handle the two main items listed, and as I noted in answer to the question, it has not been released in the US. US users are certainly free to use the Ripmax update if they choose to do so.