Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

New 14SG Backup error

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 06:10 PM
jchorak
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry New 14SG Backup error

Hello,

Purchased a new 14SG on 7-16-2018 from a hobby shop in Florida. Had one flight on plane, on the second flight taxied out and lost communication with the plane. Shut down the plane and transmitter, when turning the transmitter back on the display indicated "Backup Error, Data intialized, Turn Off Power.
Already have one 14SG in for service.

What are Causes?

Thanks,
JC
Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Some people have had success in removing the battery and waiting a couple of minutes, then reconnecting.

Also, when cycling power wait a few beats after it is fully shutting down before turning it back on.

What bothers me more is the connection loss before this happened. It might be a transmitter issue or maybe it was simple positioning between the RX and TX antennas.
Did you have a failsafe set and did it activate if you did?

A total loss of link is rare, but can happen.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:04 AM
jchorak

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
Some people have had success in removing the battery and waiting a couple of minutes, then reconnecting.

Also, when cycling power wait a few beats after it is fully shutting down before turning it back on.

What bothers me more is the connection loss before this happened. It might be a transmitter issue or maybe it was simple positioning between the RX and TX antennas.
Did you have a failsafe set and did it activate if you did?

A total loss of link is rare, but can happen.
Hi Bill,
Did not have failsafe set. I guess I will be sending this one in also for service.
Thanks,
John
Old 07-30-2018, 08:04 AM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jchorak
Hi Bill,
Did not have failsafe set. I guess I will be sending this one in also for service.
Thanks,
John
So basically everything went into HOLD last command, right?

I would send it in if it were mine. Sucks I know, but everything made by people has some inherent failure rate. Most never fail, some do. No fun when you get a bad one. I've bought 100's of Futaba servos over the years. Had 1 or 2 DOA out of the box.

Make sure to give as detailed a description as you can of what was going on and what happened. That helps them a bunch.

Here's the link to the repair center:

https://futabausa.com/repairs/
Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 AM
jchorak

Originally Posted by FUTABA-RC
So basically everything went into HOLD last command, right?

I would send it in if it were mine. Sucks I know, but everything made by people has some inherent failure rate. Most never fail, some do. No fun when you get a bad one. I've bought 100's of Futaba servos over the years. Had 1 or 2 DOA out of the box.

Make sure to give as detailed a description as you can of what was going on and what happened. That helps them a bunch.

Here's the link to the repair center:

https://futabausa.com/repairs/
It will be on it's way shortly....