Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

8uaps buddybox problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 06:27 PM
ljw2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8uaps buddybox problems

I am getting back into the hobby after 10 years away. I have a ftaba 8uap radio and several airplanes that I am getting working. One reason is I am retired and now own 27 acres of my own. I also have a geat nephew that wants to learn to fly. I have a Sig Fazer that I want to teach him on. I got my hands on another 8uaf to use as a buddy box. I got the Fazer up and running! everything is working fine. Then I hooked up the buddy box. First I removed the battery and the transmitter module from the buddy box. Hooked the cable up and pulled the trainer switch. Nothing happened, the buddy box LCD works so I know it is getting power from the main unit but none of its sticks do anything. Even with the teainer cable hooked up and the switch pulled the main unit sticks move the surfaces.

Does anone have a clue what I did wrong?
Old 08-16-2019, 12:11 PM
SU29
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If my memory serves me correct, step one would be to activate or turn on the trainer function in your master radio before you can use it to train with. After that, you can select which channels you want to allow the trainee to have control of.

I hope this is a quick fix and gets you going.
Old 10-05-2019, 08:46 AM
ljw2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how do you "turn on" the trainer function? I have found where you enable channels but I can't find how the "enable" trainer mode.
Old 10-05-2019, 01:04 PM
SU29

When you go to the trainer Menu does it show INH or ACT? If it shows INH hit the + key for Data Input, this will change it to ACT. Once its Activated and when you pull up on the trainer switch it will show it ON above the word ACT.

I believe by default channels 1, 2, 3 and 4 are activated. This is indicated by the arrows below these 4 channels. Channels 5 through 8 have the arrows above the channel numbers. To activate any channel cursor over and move the arrows below the channels you want to activate or allow the trainee to have control of.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:24 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for jumping in. Generally I delete answers from 3rd parties, but in this case it has been so long since I had the 8U that I cannot recall how the trainer works. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-06-2019, 04:28 PM
SU29

I made an assumption that may be the case on this one so I jumped in however I do understand the protocol here, sorry.

Thanks Bill.
Old 10-06-2019, 07:49 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

No worries. I appreciate the assist!!